Yazoo County Miss Hospitality Tea Competition
The first ever Local Tea Pageant hosted by Yazoo County CVB will be held at the office of the CVB on Sunday, April 8, 2018, at 2 pm. A local winner will be crowned. Please see the information below for details and requirements. Applications are due by Friday, March 30, 2018.
The Yazoo County Miss Hospitality Tea Pageant identifies, honors and utilizes young ladies between the ages of 18 and 24 for the purpose of serving as the County’s goodwill ambassador to promote the travel and tourism industry and economic development. The winner will receive a Five-Hundred Dollar scholarship from Yazoo County CVB in addition to representing Yazoo County and competing for more than $100,000 in scholarships and prizes in the Mississippi Miss Hospitality Pageant in July.
Tea Pageant Format
- Judges Panel Interview (each contestant individually)
- On stage introduction of each contestant / Business Suit
- Modeling of cocktail-style dress
- Presentation of Yazoo County Commercial
- Crowning of Winner
Yazoo County Miss Hospitality Tea Pageant Scoring:
- One-On-One 5-Minute Interview 60%
- Yazoo County Speech/Commercial 20%
- Presence/Carriage and Confidence 20%
- Business Suit (skirt or pants) appropriate for a business interview;
- Contestants will wear this outfit during their interview with judges. (This category represents 60% of the total scoring.)
- Cocktail-style Dress (any color)
- Contestants will model this outfit and perform an original 60-second speech/commercial communicating why visitors should come to Yazoo County. (This category represents 40% of the total scoring.)
Speech Commercial Competition
Contestants will model a cocktail dress and present an original 60-second commercial/speech of some important aspects of Yazoo County and why visitors should come and experience her city.
WINNER RECEIVES A $500.00 SCHOLARSHIP
Contestants must meet the following qualifications:
- Must be a resident of Yazoo County, Mississippi with plans to attend, or currently attending, a Mississippi college or university; (parent’s address must be in Yazoo County, student may live on campus or other housing)
- Must represent Yazoo County and not the city where she attends college;
- Must have never been married or have children;
- Must be between the ages of 18-24 on or before July 18, 2018;
- Must not currently hold a title that would interfere with her duties as the Local or State Miss Hospitality;
- Must have a 2.5 scholastic average (on a 4.0 system) for the last completed semester. A transcript must be provided with the application;
- Must be in good health;
- Must have never been a contestant in the State Pageant;
- Winner must participate in the State’s Miss Hospitality Pageant in Hattiesburg, MS, July 15-21, 2018.
Download the Application Packet Here. Complete and return to the Yazoo County CVB before Friday, March 30, 2018, at 5:00 pm in order to compete for the title of Yazoo County’s Miss Hospitality.