Black Jack Road
The Stubblefield Plantation house was built circa 1872 by Simon P. Stubblefield. The story goes that he returned from the Civil War wounded but made a crop and set about building the house. The actual planning and work was done by “Old Mory,” an ex-slave who had built many of the homes in the area. Still the original house in many respects, Stubblefield features grand double entry doors with sidelights and six towering boxed columns supporting the front of the house. It is the third residence to occupy the land patented to William Henry Stubblefield, a pioneer settler of Yazoo County, in 1832 on original land grants signed by Andrew Jackson.