214 South Monroe Street
Yazoo City, Mississippi
Possibly the oldest remaining house in Yazoo City, the Dalton House is much altered in its present form. This house is recorded as having been sold with the property in 1837. The windows and the siding of the present structure are replacements of around 1900, but two original windows with blinds remain, relocated to the attic gables. The in-set porch probably had rectangular section box columns, at some time replaced by the present turned-Victorian posts.